Sunday, March 29, 2009

Michael Graryson Capron Walker

He is here. Michael Grayson Capron Walker arrived 2:35 pm Monday, March 23 2009. Michael was born at 36 weeks but still weighed in at 6 lbs 12 oz, and was 19 and 1/4 inches long. For being a preemie he is big. The labor and delivery went very weill. I was trying for a drug free L&D but due to the my water braking without contractions that was not an option. My water broke at 11:00pm and I call Jason strait away and he got here 3 and 1/2 hours later. As he was driving to to Bakersfield I called my doctor to let him know what wasgoing on. I was told that I could wait until Jason got there then I need to head to the hospital. When Jason got here we were off the the hospital. I got to the labor and dellivery fool and things started rolling. I was hooked up the the montor the see if I was contracting. There was nothing but small contractions. I was started on pitocin and the contractions started come strong. I held out on the epidural for a very long time but due to the medication got one. After getting the Epi I was checked and had not only dilated to 10 cm but the baby was coming out NOW!
The doctor was called and I was told not to even think push. When the doctor arrived he got dressed and they gave Jason a gown so that he could help in the delivery. We were all suprised at how much the doctor let Jason do. I will let Jason write about his experince but I will say that he got to deliver Michael and did a large bit of it himself.
After Michael was out the cord was cut after the blood stoped pumping and turned white. After the cord was cut Micahel didn't cry. He was taken to the warmer to be checked out. The nurse found that he was having breathing trouble. The nurses tryed to get him on track but he needed more help and was taken to the NICU. In the NICU he was put on a machine to keep his lungs open.
He is now off all of the I.V.'s and tubes. We are waiting to see if he can hold his own over night and when that happens we will get to take him home. I hope and pray that he can come home tommrow but I don't dare hold my breath. I will update as more happens. I will also post pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment