Saturday, February 21, 2009

The test

As this pregnancy comes closer to ending I would like to look back at the start of it all.

It was the monday after I had recived my endowments at the LA temple. I had been feeling like things were about to "start" for days. Knowing that I would be wearing all white in the temple I had prayed that things would hold off until after I went. When by saterday nothing had showed I was relieved that I could go to the temple and not worry. everything was wonderful in the temple and the only thing missing was my husband. After we left I called Jason to tell him about my wonderful day. At the end of our conversation he asked if i had "started". I told him no that it would be anyday now, but thank goodness it had held off. Monday rools around and Jason text meassages me asking the question again. It was at that moment that the light came on. I think that Jason wondered long before I did. I didn't want to hope for any thing as we had just been through a few losses and the idea of it scared me. Jason told me to run down to the store so that I could "make sure". So I did.

I get three test because one just will not due. bring them home(well my moms house) at head to the bathroom. As i pull out this stick I think to myself that I am stupid of letting Jason talk me in to this because there is NO WAY I could be. Well as if you don't already know the anser here is the test.


I almost passed out. I was sure that i could in no way be preggo. I was sure! I had just gotten okay with the idea of having Jaome as an only child and this is the joke God plays on me. He must have said someting like this. "Okay so you are content in the way your life is now lets turn it upside down." Please don't get me wrong I was happy in a few days but the shock of it all made my head spin. I then send a pic of the test to Jason and he calls me back in record time sounding so happy. He sounded so happy I wanted to smack him and remind him that we had given up. Like "rember we quit trying".
Anyway 8 months later here I am telling this story as that little suprise is kicking me in the ribs. I hope that in a few weeks I will get to post about the end of this pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment