Thursday, February 19, 2009

Our first blog

Hello all,
I have chosen to do this so that I can keep everyone updated on our family without spending too much time on the net. I hope you all can hang in there as I get the hang of this whole blogging thing down.
Just to start so that everyone is on the same page I will recap things that have been happening up until now. First off is that Jason had his orders to deploy to Egypt pushed back until Aug. He will be going to some training before hand so it looks like he will be leaving in mid-July. We are very happy that he will get to spend some more time with the baby before he leaves us for a year or more.
Jamie is growing up fast and getting so smart. Too smart sometimes. She can now talk like a human most of the time. I like not having to tell everyone what she just said and her getting mad at us not understanding the baby talk. She is always commenting on how big Michael(my belly) is getting. I hope that she like him this much when he gets here. Jamie has also been see by the eye doctors for her left eye turning in. It was a little more advanced then we had been lead to believe. I eye doctor was mad at the fact that non of Jamie's other doctors had told us to get seen. Whats done is done and we are moving foward. She is getting 4 hours of eye therpy at home evryday. We have to patch her "good" eye and make her use her fine motor skills. This has been working and we are already seeing some progress. We will take her back the the doctor in April to see what is next.
Speaking of April, that is when little Michael is due. I would give you a date but I have no hopes of making it to 40 weeks so we are looking a sometime between March 23rd to April 20th. We are getting everything set up for the little man to arive. The clothes are washed and the crib is set up. We still have a few things to get but that will come in time. I have a docotrs vistit coming up on the 27th of Feb and I will update then. So far He is looking like he will be smaller, ssay 6- 61/2 lbs but I am just fine with that. LOL He is going to be tall. At the last ultarsound his legs were a full 2 weeks ahead of the rest of his body!
So as you can see we have plenty of things going on yet not much at all. I have been trying to keep up with the demands of daily housework with a evergrowing belly. I am hoping to start saving up to go see Jason in Egypt when he is over there. I am wondering how I will make this trip with two little ones but that is still sometime off.
Thank you all for reading this and I hope that you will check our blog offten.
----Love always the Walker family

1 comment:

  1. Aha, found it. Boy you couldn't make a mistake with that stick.

    Good pics of Michael. Next time tell him to smile.
    Love you,
    Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete